How to type upside down letters & backwards text ?

How does this tool flip text up side down and backward?

The JavaScript program converts English letters to unicode characters and symbols that look inverted, to make it look like you’ve created upside-down text on the computer. Most of them come from the character sets “Latin Extended” and “International Phonetic Alphabet”. Unfortunately there are no upside down numbers and not enough upside down capital letters, so this tool supports lowercase letters only. This page uses the font “Arial Unicode MS” to display the flipped text. You can learn the letter mapping behind this upside down text generator by viewing this page’s html source code. Enjoy this trick on internet forum, blog, IM, & chat!

Check it out…

About these ads
Tagged , , , ,

8 thoughts on “How to type upside down letters & backwards text ?

1. John Dao says:

You should also link to Upside Down Text. It works the same way as u described above, but it’s much better than the sevenwires version in my opinion.

2. kimberly says:

backwords! not upside down Dx

3. xǝןɐ says:

Thanks for the info, you should try http://www.textupsidedown.info/ as it offers not only “upside down” and “backward” but also 10+ weird text generators.

4. Justine says:

I’m Looking for a website that makes the actual letter backwards. like a P; so The hump on the right turns to the left. NOT; so that the website can make my word backwards; I can do that myself. Thank you so much. (:

• Peter Andreas Molgaard says:

You’r most welcome, and off course I apologize most sincerely that I made you waste your time visiting my blog… how rude of me to post something that was not exactly what you were looking for, I have no idea what I was thinking.
      I hope you will not succumb to the emotional devastation it must have caused you, I understand that this has been traumatizing for you.

5. Bey says:

What kind of student were you?

• Peter Andreas Molgaard says:

Computer Science following a brief flirt with both Polar Engineering and Latin as well as Journalism and Media Sociology

6. paul says:

how do you write inviserble